Friday, November 11, 2005

An Old Feeling Made New

So here I am sitting in this house that is filled with peace. I feel like nothing bad can happen to me in this house. I feel like God is all around me and I love that feeling. I spent last night here and lucky for me I get to spend two more nights here. I think last night was the best sleep I have had since I came to college. I woke up refreshed and ready to face a new day filled with tones of homework, lots of movies, and relaxation.
I am blessed to be in this house today because if it was not for this house and the presence of God, my depression that consumed me last night would still be evident in me today.
Last night I had a very hard conversation with my friend Kevin. We have been struggling with figuring out if we are "just friends" or if we are dating. I told him last night that I could not have that kind of a relationship in my life right now, or ever for that matter. It was unfair to both of us. So last night I found all the courage I could and told him that I couldn't do it anymore. I told him that it was over. This has happened a few times to us already in our almost three year "Friendship slash relationship". So this new feeling is simply an old feeling recreating itself inside of me. I wish that I didn't have to go through this. I wish that him and I could be friends forever but I know that is not what God wants. I know that for me to move on in my relationship with God changes have to be made and my first change was ending our friendship. Although I am sad that I lost my best friend last night I am also very happy because I have a peaceful feeling inside of me and I am excited that it is a new day.
I must be off now so that I can have my afternoon shower and continue on with my homework.

1 Comments:

Blogger rachel elizabeth said...

Hey girl - when did you get a blog!!
Anyway...I emailed you today? did you get it?
i am glad you are enjoying the house, the quiet, the break.
See ya soon!

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home