Saturday, May 13, 2006

The River

It started to rain today and I needed some time to myself so I put on my sweater and my vest, loaded my dog in the van and drove down to the river. It was just what I needed to clear my head, to feel like I was closer to God. It’s amazing to me how I feel closer to the LORD when I am outside, soaking in His creation. I like being outside because I can yell, scream or talk as quietly as I want to God and I don’t have those four walls around me, making me feel closed in and confined. That’s why I like the river. It makes me feel closer to God and I can talk to Him like He’s standing right beside me. The river is my favorite spot out here. I used to ride my horse there everyday! I’ve missed that place. I’ve missed the sunburns I used to get from sitting out there in the sun all day. I’ve missed the sound of the rushing water and the frogs croaking. I’ve missed the fresh smell that consumes me when I am standing by the river. I was blessed today as I got to experience my river get away for the first time this year.
Tomorrow I am off to buy batteries for my camera so I can go back to my spot and take pictures. I can’t wait!

2 Comments:

Blogger rachel elizabeth said...

yay! I am so exicted that you are getting batteries for your camera! I hope and pray that you find incredable rest and joy in taking photo's....you really are so good at it.
Will you teach me someday?

11:44 PM  
Blogger doxasky said...

May you take time to spend many moments at that river. It sounds wonderful. Love you. Miss you. Hey...it's Monday...way past 7pm though....Take care.

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home