Thursday, March 09, 2006

Nephews and Hugs

Nothing feels the same as the love of an aunty for her nieces and nephews.

Today I got the privilege of driving to my nephews' school and surprising them. When they saw me their eyes lit up and they came running like they hadn't seen me in years. It felt so good to see my nephew, Triston, who is in grade FOUR (By grade four you would think little boys wouldn't care about their aunties) run up to me and jump in my arms yelling my name so all his friends could hear. Then there was shawn (Triston's younger brother)who was on his way to his moms truck and when he saw me he too ran into my arms and hugged me SO huge. There is nothing that makes me feel so loved as a hug and the hugs I got today are ones that I will never forget.

2 Comments:

Blogger Greg Roberts said...

Right on. Nothing compares to the goodness of a well delivered hug.

9:27 AM  
Blogger rachel elizabeth said...

I am so happy that you could surprise them...it makes me smile just imagining that scene!
Bless your time up there!
See ya soon girl

1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home