Thursday, December 22, 2005

LORD GUIDE ME!!!

After reading Rachel's blog I have come to realize that I need to invest in better friends here in High Level.....I have spent this whole day with a group of my guy friends.....all of whom are younger and much more involved in the ways of the world than I (if you know what I mean)......Oh how I wish I would have spent my day around people who would allow me to grow and not cause me to become my old self....I have to say that I handled myself pretty good today...I didn't not do anything I will regret later...and that is a big step for me....However I should have not stayed around my old friends as long as I did......I feel like my head is going to explode from all the crap I allowed in my ears today.....Today has been a day full of lessons.....I have realized that I am very bitter at my family...bitter because they always tend to screw me over...bitter because all of them know better....but still they live as though they do not believe in God...still they live as though they have no love......Oh how I long to love my family the way God does....to forgive them in the same way the LORD forgives me.....

LORD please show me how to love
Please show me how to forgive.

3 Comments:

Blogger theDING said...

Hah! Finally figured out how to post comments on your newfangled blog layout. (*beats chest in victory*)

Yes...but enough about me...

As I was reading your post, I was reminded of a part of the book "Spiritual Warfare for Every Christian". I've been slugging through them over the break, trying to get them all marked so that you can have them back when we get back.

Anywho, there was a situation about a pastor who moved out of a city that he worked in because he "just couldn't live there; there was too much sin." (paraphrased) So, to combat the problem, he moved to the mountains nearby. The author lamented that move because there was now less salt and light in the city.

The point that I'm trying to get across to you is that as you're home for these two weeks, look at it as an opportunity to be salt and light - a time to spread your wings and practice there what you've preached here. I know that you could say "It's only been four months, I'm not smart enough yet!"

Well Stomper, in those same four months you've proven yourself faithful and you've gained a group of friends that are all pulling for you.

That's why it's called "the body of Christ".

So yes, flee temptation and cling to what is good, the Bible encourages us to do that. But also keep in mind that you're the only Bible some of these people will ever read.

Be salt - give the world some flavor.
Be light - show them the love of Christ (and smile, that's good too).

If you get shot down or feel discouraged, remember that we're always here for you and when we get back to FGBC, we can regroup and help each other recover.

Go and live girl!

12:12 AM  
Blogger rachel elizabeth said...

like the ding said - there is a heap of us that got your back girl! Its hard I know...i really do know, but God is faithful, and he is able to do more than you could imagine!
don't get discouraged... but remember that funky little green braclet...
HAVE COURAGE little sis!
you are always in my prayers...

1:40 PM  
Blogger .:Alix:. said...

HAH Rachel!
The funny thing about the funky little green braclet is that it broke the second day I was here....so much for that!

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home