Monday, June 05, 2006

YUP!

6:27 a.m my alarm clock turned on and I was woke up by the sound of the local country radio station. I opened my eyes and realized what day it was. I put my head in my hands and let out a frustrated slash scared growl. It took me a few minutes to force myself out of bed because as much as I have been waiting for this day I wasn't ready for it. I got myself ready and prepared for what I was about to face and my Pa and I headed out the door to town. I drove around for an hour, washed the van and cleaned it out a bit. 9:27 rolled around and I realized I didn't have any break lights on the van. I got upset and scared that I wouldn't be able to take my drivers test. I drove to where I was going to take my road test and I went in to meet my driving instructor. I was expecting some creepy old man who was really nasal when he spoke. But instead infront of me stood a 6 foot man with a goatee and a really strong hand shake. He was the most intimidating guy I have ever spoke to. However when I got in the vehicle with him and started to drive, it was like I had known him for a while. I spoke nervously at first because the first thing he made me do was parallel park and I suck at parallel parking but after I got that over the rest of the test went great. When it was over with he wouldn't tell me if I passed and so I asked him and he said yes. I said good, like it wasn't a big deal, like I wasn't waiting all year for him to say that one word, I played it cool. But after I got my picture taken and I walked out of that place I jumped so high with my arms in the air. I was pretty excited. So YUP!....I TOALLY got my drivers license today!

Postscript: Totally is spelt wrong for Rachels benefit :)

6 Comments:

Blogger Greg Roberts said...

Congrats!

5:05 PM  
Blogger rachel elizabeth said...

TOALLY!!!

so excited for ya girl!

5:58 PM  
Blogger doxasky said...

HAHA That's awesome! Congratulations!!!

8:15 PM  
Blogger Scott said...

Yikes!!! Quick, everybody get off the sidewalks and lock up your pets..

We are proud of you.

6:43 PM  
Blogger theDING said...

Woot, woot!

Way to go kiddo...

Now it's my turn (hopefully sooner rather than later...)

12:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

way to go...tis a good thing your a morning person now too eh!!

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home