Monday, July 17, 2006

Adequate Or Not?

Am I inadequate?...Am I lacking the ability to fulfill a need or meet a requirement?...Am I insufficient?....Those are the questions that have come to my mind today...I am almost 20 years old .....(I know that's not very old).....But I feel like I have done absolutely nothing with my life...And why is that?...Is it because I lack strength?....Courage?...Am I too shy?....Did I just not ever care enough to do something?...Or am I inadequate?.....

I feel like no matter what the LORD throws at me I can never do what I'm suppose too...Like I keep letting Him down....It seems as though I am inadequate to fulfill the plans He has for me...But I don't want the realization of my inadequacy to get in my way....I want to be adequate...I want to be able to do all the LORD has for me....Now how do I go about being adequate?...Do I push on telling myself that I am adequate even when I don't feel as though I am?...Would that be lying to myself?....Or do I make myself adequate?...By seeking His face?....By falling on my knees before Him?...Is there a way to become adequate for the LORD?...Or does He only put things in your path that He knows you can handle?.....I used to think that's how it went...Now I'm not so sure...Now that I have failed Him so many times I do not feel as though I have the strength He knows I have....Is this where I need to lean on Him and make Him my strength?...Is this the part where I need to allow Him to take control?...

My Adequacy....or lack of....Has filled my mind today.....

OH LORD make me Adequate!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger daviddouglas. said...

hey... just came upon ur blog by surfing... God is so good hey? God is our suffiency... he makes us adequate :)

5:59 PM  
Blogger Greg Roberts said...

I think it's our inadequacy that makes us useful to the Lord. It's important to recognise our imperfections, then we can recognise our need for the Lord!

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home